Description of the Work
Ahead of the Class is seeking experienced teachers familiar with grades 3-5 mathematics to write informational text about math topics and accompanying lesson plans. Must be adept at finding concepts and skills embedded in various state standards. Content developers must be familiar with basic arithmetic, algebraic concepts, data analysis, etc. and be able to create student centered, interactive and hands-on lesson plans. Must be able to integrate math concepts into other content areas such as basic science, technology, and engineering. Must have a genuine love for students and math education and an ability to create original pieces of work. Click HERE to learn more about the Math Literacy Toolkits we offer.
Responsibilities Associated with the Work
- Work on an as needed basis to create grade appropriate math lessons that use manipulatives, visuals, and abstract representations
- Utilize the provided author’s template to write original 500-750 word informational text that focus on conceptual understanding and procedural knowledge
- Write performance-based problem scenarios that appropriately integrate science, technology, engineering and math.
- Ability to regularly produce requested text and lesson plan within one week of notification.
- Certified public school educator
- 3+ years teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of Common Core and other state standards
- Demonstrate understanding of assessments, data analysis, and research-based instructional strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Demonstrate a professional, team-oriented attitude
- Adhere to company ethical aspirations
- Practice flexibility and an ability to implement innovative approaches to math education
- Demonstrate high-level communication skills
- Build internal and external relationships that foster credibility and trust